Coming Together As One
We want to thank everyone for the touching nomination comments and stories. We have so many deserving Heroes in our communities across all walks of life. We celebrate you and cheer for you every day. Congratulations to our winners!
Heroes: Calvin A • Jacqueline S • Melissa G • Jennifer T • John H
Nominators: Sonya M • Sharleen S • Harinder P • Pepper P • Isabel D
If you live anywhere near the lower mainland, you might be aware of a new celebration that has been taking off. At 7 o’clock every night a chorus of cheers, chants, applause, and banging pots and pans erupts to honour all of our amazing Healthcare, First Responder and Front Line Heroes who make countless sacrifices every day to keep us safe. We encourage all of you to join in to show your support and cheer them on.
CONTEST UPDATE April 7, 2020: MORE LOVE = MORE GIFT CARDS ADDED
We, at Central City Shopping Centre, want to show our love and appreciation for all they do! To thank them, we are seeking your support to nominate a deserving local (Vancouver / Lower Mainland) hero. Please visit our @centralcitysurrey Instagram or @centralcity Facebook page and tag your nominee and both you and your nominee could be eligible to win a Central City Shopping Centre Gift Card.
Due to an overwhelming response and an outpouring of love and support, we have expanded the program and added more gift cards to be won. We have a total of five (5) $500 Central City Shopping Centre Gift Cards for the Heroes and five (5) $100 Gift Cards for their nominators. The winners, will be selected at random and notified via a Direct Message with an announcement followed on Instagram and Facebook. Each winner will be mailed their gift card to fill up on essentials now or to save for future use. Contest will close on Thursday, April 9th @5:59 PM PST.
These times of hardship can bring out the best in us, bridging our distance and bringing us together even through social distancing. Every act of kindness and fellowship we make for our community will have a lasting impact. We know first-hand that our Central City community is passionate, supportive and kind.
We have been thinking of ways each of us can step up and do our part to help weather this challenge and collected a few ways we can come together to donate time, skills, money and goods while still physically distancing:
- At a time when our health system needs our support, please consider donating blood. To find out if you qualify, visit Canadian Blood Services.
- Consider donating to your local food bank Surrey Food Bank, Greater Vancouver Food Bank, Langley Food Bank could all use our support.
- Offer assistance to an at-risk neighbour with a note on their doorstep to offer to pick up groceries, medication or to help put out their garbage or walk their pet.
- Stay in touch with friends and loved ones from afar by writing letters or try using Zoom, Skype or FaceTime for video chats.
- Support local businesses with online purchases, consider gift cards, choose take-out options from your favourite café and restaurant.
- Want a friend while you practice physical distancing? It is easier than ever as BC SPCA has moved its pet adoption process to online.
- Help deliver freshly prepared meals to the most vulnerable in our community with Meals on Wheels.
- Please remember to stay at home as much as possible – physical distancing is the key to saving lives right now.
- Be mindful to not stockpile or hoard food or other household items as it can put the most vulnerable at risk.
- Remember if you or a loved one needs support, please reach out: Kids Help Phone or Crisis Centre BC
We know that these are trying times but we will get through it together!
#WeAreInThisTogether #SurreyStrong #HealthCareHeroes #FirstResponderHeroes #FrontLineHeroes
Click here to see our contest Rules & Regulations.