The Guest Services Supervisor reports to the Marketing & Community Relations Manager with dotted line responsibilities to the Assistant Property Manager at Central City.
Purpose of Position
The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for managing all Guest Services staff and ensuring the efficient operation of the Guest Services centre. Please note evening and weekend shifts may be required from time to time.
The primary goal of this position is to provide best in class customer service for tenants and customers to the property and reception duties for the administration office.
- Responsible for supervising, training, coordinating and motivating all guest services employees including, assigning responsibilities and evaluating employee performance
- Plan and prepare work schedules and provide payroll information according to company policy
- Review and check quality of work of subordinates such as reports, records, and applications for accuracy and content, and corrects errors
- Conduct annual performance reviews with Guest Services staff in conjunction with the Marketing & Community Relations Manager. On a regular basis, communicate job expectations to Guest Services staff.
- Responsible for the timely completion and accuracy of all customer service related reporting and the development of new reports that will improve understanding of the customer service process. The major reports listed below should be completed by the 10th of the month following:
- Monthly Statistics Tracking Report
- Store Request Summary
- Tenants Late Opening/Early Closing Tracking Spreadsheet
- Gift Card Tracking Statistics Report
- Other reports as requested
- Make recommendations to management concerning staff and procedural improvements
- Maintain Guest Services Manual
- Manage and resolve all customer complaints and problems through regular and systematic communication with all departments
- Create gift baskets for charitable donations as requested
- Perform all duties as a Guest Services Representative:
- Assist customers with shopping centre information (eg. hours, promotional details)
- Perform year round and seasonal services such as gift wrapping, coat and parcel check, lending strollers and wheelchairs, emergency baby supplies, lost and found, first aid and safe walk program (via security), and respond to email inquiries via “contact us” form
- Sell and track centre gift card sales
- Support marketing programs by communicating and promoting marketing information to customers
- Track results of promotions, tallying contest entries and performing various marketing related duties
- Maintain show card replacements, replenish brochure racks, event preparation
- Maintain, clean and organize the Guest Services work area, and sanitize strollers and wheelchairs on a daily basis
- Arrange all outgoing mail and couriers
- Receive and distribute contents of incoming mail and couriers
- Oversee organization/cleanliness of the supply/copier room, office storage room, south administration, and kitchen
- Assist with office repairs coordination, as requested
- Order office supply inventory; including but not limited to business cards, company letterhead and envelopes, supplies for copier machines, inventory levels in the postage machine, and kitchen supplies
- Maintain all inventory spending in excel tracking report
- Manage the North and South Admin boardroom bookings
- Coordinate for management, as requested: staff events, travel, lunch/dinner reservations, meeting reservations/bookings, and staff lunches/meetings
- Provide coverage to Tenant Services during vacation and sick days
- Perform any and all other duties as requested by management.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a high school or college diploma in a marketing, retailer, or business field
- One to three years retail customer experience
- Self-motivated, proactive team leader who is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Coach and motivate staff in the achievement of performance goals
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
To apply, email resume along with salary expectations to Meghan McCrea, Marketing & Community Relations Manager, at email@example.com.