The Building Maintenance Technician will report to the Director, Operations, Central City, Blackwood Partners Management Corporation.
Purpose of Position
- The Building maintenance technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.).
- The primary goal of this position is to support the Operations Department with operational procedures to maximize the efficient management and operation of the building.
- Establish positive relationships with tenants.
- Ensure the property and building is maintained in top condition.
- Perform daily maintenance checks for escalators.
- Carry out routine maintenance duties as assigned, including: (basic electrical, plumbing & general washroom repairs, painting, drywall, floor & ceiling tile replacement, light bulb replacement, carpeting, HVAC filter replacement, exterior landscaping and parking lot maintenance).
- Assist with routine grounds keeping, snow removal, and de-icing of walkways, moving and storing outdoor furniture.
- Assist marketing and specialty leasing with set-up and removal of displays, stages, and equipment as assigned.
- Transports and move heavy or bulky equipment and furniture throughout the property.
- Ensure compliance with all municipal codes and governing authorities’ policies and procedures and company policy.
- Maintain computer records (maintenance logs) of work performed on all mechanical equipment under supervision of the Senior Building Engineer.
- Respond to all emergencies as required.
- Other projects or duties as required.
- Blackwood Partners reserves the right to modify the job description as required from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of maintenance or related experience
- Able to perform skilled construction and maintenance tasks such as drywall, basic plumbing and electrical.
- Training and experience in the safe use of power and hand tools.
- Able to be flexible, self-motivated and take initiative.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work and accomplish tasks without direct supervision.
- Able to plan and organize work efficiently and effectively.
- Able to perform physical work including bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Able to follow safe work procedures to keep self and others safe while handling and operating various power and hand tools, equipment, and hazardous chemicals.
- Able to work in variable environments including dust, warm or cold temperatures, etc.
- Ability to work varying shifts and days as required.
- Able to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Computer Skills – Basic computer knowledge.
Email resume along with salary expectations to Daniella Leck, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.