The Property Accountant will report to the Manager, Accounting and will be responsible for the accounting and record keeping of our diverse portfolio of clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full cycle accounting including preparing journal entries, income statement, balance sheet, bank reconciliation, recovery true-ups, variance analysis, GST returns, cash flow forecasts and other financial reporting analysis on monthly and quarterly basis;
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly reports to client;
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of year end audit package requirements;
- Assist in preparing year end tenant operating and tax reconciliations;
- Assist in annual budgeting process for each of the properties under management;
- Assist Property Management and other departments as requested with providing accurate/timely accounting information;
- May involve supervision of junior accounting staff;
- Other projects as required.
- Post-secondary accounting degree or CPA qualification;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in property management accounting.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and accounting software packages; MRI experience an asset;
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail, and capable of self-management and prioritization to ensure deadlines are met;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Team player with a strong sense of responsibility
Please email resume along with salary expectations to Sam Rajagopalan, Manager, Accounting, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Office Tower Jobs|